Checkers specials - new catalogue
Stock Up Your Cupboard with Grocery Products From the Checkers Catalogue
Make sure you stay up to date with the latest Checkers specials on groceries and other household products. The Checkers catalogue is updated twice a month and occasionally they have separate catalogues for their Heydays or Back to School specials.
The current catalogue Checkers - Local Suppliers is valid during from monday 16/03/2020 and can be found here. Checker specials are not the same in all the provinces. If you’re looking for a Checkers sale, make sure to look at the catalogue for your specific area.
The first 38 square meter Checkers store was opened in Mayfair, Johannesburg, in 1956. Wanting to bring customers more affordable household products, they launched their House Brands range, an inhouse brand that offers competitively priced, quality groceries. The 1960s was a big decade for Checkers. Not only did they expand to a total of 85 stores countrywide, but they were also the first retailer to use locally manufactured trolleys. In 1982, they developed a lock system for their trolleys, to deter theft. In 1990, they made headlines by subsidising every loaf of bread sold at their stores, as a way to lower the effect of rising bread prices on the customer. Today, they have more than 200 stores across South Africa, in cities such as Alberton, Amanzimtoti, Ballito, Beaufort West, Bela-Bela, Bellville.
Checkers recognizes the importance of a corporation’s involvement in community upliftment. For every 10 swipes a customer makes with their Xtra Savings card, Checkers donates R3 to a charity of your choice. The Lunchbox Fund provides hot, nutritious meals to disadvantaged children in rural areas. Another charity, Food & Trees for Africa, focuses on food security by supporting the development of community gardens. Finally, they also support NSPCA, the well-known institution who fights against animal cruelty.
Today, Checkers is known for their wide range of local and international wines, award-winning cheeses, and premium meat cuts. They are continuously focusing on the balance between high quality products and greater variety, and for both, they strive to be “better and better”.
Checkers falls under the Groceries category, along with other stores such as Boxer, Cambridge Foods, Food Lover's Market, KIT KAT Cash&Carry, Kwikspar, Makro, OK Foods, Oxford Freshmarket, Pick n Pay, President Hyper. Their trading hours are from 8h00 to 21h00 from Mondays to Sundays.
For more information, visit their website www.checkers.co.za.
What Checkers Offers
Checkers offers middle to upper-income customers a variety of premium groceries and household products. But that does not necessarily mean you have to pay more. With regular Checkers specials, you are sure to find top quality products without the hefty price tag.
- With their new loyalty programme, you can get up to 25% in savings every time you swipe your Xtra Savings card. Additionally, you have the chance to win the cost of your purchase back each time you swipe! Being part of the loyalty programme also offers you VIP access to their promotions, so if there’s a Checkers sale on its way, you’d be the first to know!
- Checkers wants to support our planet and protect the environment. So to encourage customers to rather make use of reusable bags, they offer R1 back each time you make a purchase.
- Their Steakhouse Classic section provides the customer with premium A-grade, matured cuts of meat. Classic cuts include the New York Strip Steak, T-Bone Steak, Chateaubriand, and many more.
- Checkers’ Odd Bins is a collection of great quality wines, that are sold under an ‘anonymous’ label. This means you pay much less for the wine than you would have under its original label.
- If you want to order a gift hamper, why not opt for Checkers’ fruit hampers? Reserve your order online, and collect it in store. The click-and-collect option if also available for platters for your next event.
- Checkers Liquor provides a range of alcoholic beverages, from whiskeys to wines, and everything in between. For more convenience, you can even order liquor online, and collect it in store.
- There are now MediRite pharmacies in 90 Checkers stores across South Africa. This offers you the convenience to pick up your medicine while grocery shopping.
- Checkers has a massive cheese collection, with more than 400 different cheeses from all over the world. Whether you like Brie or Gouda, there will definitely be a cheese you like!
You can find all the Checkers specials in their latest catalogue Checkers - Local Suppliers.
About Kimbino Flyers
Stop cluttering your mailbox with paper flyers and give our planet a break. Overfilled mailboxes and wasted paper are now a thing of the past, thanks to Kimbino flyers! Here at Kimbino, we believe that living a greener lifestyle should be part of all aspects in life. So why not also when it comes to shopping? Why bother collecting flyers from all your favourite stores, when you can have them all at the same place with just one click? Instead of being overloaded with store catalogues, you can visit Kimbino.co.za and get access to flyers from stores across the country. And with our new phone app Kimbino, you can have these specials and discounts in the palm of your hand. Help us to protect our trees and forests, and switch to online Kimbino flyers. Thank you for thinking green!