Get great quality fashion, beauty, and homeware from Edgars online
Make sure you don’t miss the Edgars sale! Update your wardrobe with the latest fashion for the season. Edgars specials are updated every two to three months, and occasionally they have a big sale for Black Friday and other holidays.
The current Edgars catalogue, Edgars - Specials, is valid from 24/07/2020 - 29/09/2020 and can be found here.
About Edgars South Africa
Edgars was established by Morris and Eli Ross and is part of the Edcon group, which includes additional stores such asBoardmans, Red Square, and CNA. The first Edgars store was opened in Johannesburg, in 1928, but the store was moved to Cape Town seven years later.
By 1960, they had 135 stores, and just five years later, their stores more than doubled, with 300 stores, in cities such as Alberton, Bela-Bela, Bellville, Bethlehem, Bloemfontein, Boksburg. They continued to open stores across South Africa, which included a massive 10 000 square meter store and distribution centre in Johannesburg, in 1974. In 1982, South African Breweries (SAB) gained control of the company, which led to greater expansion and more profits. But in the 1990s, they suffered a great amount of profit loss, causing SAB to sell their shares and leave the company. In an effort to save the company from going under, they hired American Steve Ross, which renamed the company to Edgars Consolidated Stores Ltd., and listed it on the JSE.
Edgars South Africa was the country’s first store to make use of a mail order catalogue, they were the first cosmetic store in South Africa, and they were also the first store to offer national and international clothing, together with cosmetics and accessories. The Edcon group was also the first to use barcodes in their retail stores, making the checkout process easier and more efficient for customers. In 2019, they opened their first ‘open concept’ store in Fourways, Johannesburg, to align themselves with international trends. The store features a coffee shop (Mugg & Bean), together with 8 000 square meters of clothing, beauty, and homeware. They also launched Edgars online, which meant customers can conveniently shop online, and have their purchases delivered to a store of their choice.
Edgars South Africa falls under the Clothing, Footwear, Sport category along with other stores such as Ackermans, Cape Union Mart, Foschini, Jet, Mr Price, MRP Sport, PEP Stores, Spitz, Sportscene, Sportsmans Warehouse. Their trading hours are dependent on which shopping centre they are located in, but most stores are open from 9h00 to 19h00 from Monday to Saturday and 9h00 to 17h00 on Sundays.
You can read more about Edgars online by visiting their website www.edgars.co.za.
What Edgars South Africa offers
Edgars stores carry an assortment of products under one roof. They focus on on-trend fashion, while providing good quality and affordable pricing. Today, you can find clothing, jewellery, footwear, and even household textiles at an Edgars near you.
- With Edgars online, you can shop at the convenience of your own home. Choose to have your purchase delivered at home, or at your nearest store, at no additional fee.
- Edgars clothing options include activewear, formal wear, and casual wear. They have a wide range of activewear for men and women, including sports bras, tights, joggers, and tracksuits. Brands include: Adidas, Nike, Puma, and more.
- Edgars shoes include a range of footwear suited for the gym, office, or a night out. Expect to find running shoes from Salomon, heels from Sissy Boy, or office shoes from Kelso.
- For kids, you can get shoes, hair accessories, and even Disney- and Barbie-themed clothing and accessories.
- In most Edgars sales, you can expect to find beauty products at discounted prices. The beauty category includes products for hair care, skincare, makeup, and fragrances.
- In their homeware section, you can buy new additions for the bedroom, living room, bathroom, and dining room. They have general kitchen utensils and accessories, rugs and curtains for the living room, and towels and mats for the bathroom.
- Become a part of the Edgars Club and enjoy a range of benefits such as discounted movie and theatre tickets, discounts on accommodation and car rentals, health and beauty, and garden and home.
- Sign up for their loyalty programme, Thank U. You earn points when swiping your card at Edgars, Jet, CNA, and Engen petrol stations. You can use these points to make purchases or buy airtime. As a Thank U cardholder, you can also get instant rewards when making a purchase instore.
Edgars provides additional financial services to their customers. These include:
- Account Protection plan: Edgars settles the full outstanding amount on your account in the event of death, disability, or retrenchment.
- Cell phone insurance: protect all your valuable tech items such as cameras, mobile phones, tablets, and gaming devices.
- Legal insurance: provides you with legal cover up to R100 000. You also have 24-hour access to legal consultants.
- Funeral Plans: various options for funeral cover either for yourself (Personal Plan) or your family (Family Funeral Cover).
View the latest offerings from the Edgars sale in their catalogue Edgars - Specials.
About Kimbino Flyers
Stop cluttering your mailbox with paper flyers and give our planet a break. Overfilled mailboxes and wasted paper are now a thing of the past, thanks to Kimbino flyers! Here at Kimbino, we believe that living a greener lifestyle should be part of all aspects in life. So why not also when it comes to shopping? Why bother collecting flyers from all your favourite stores, when you can have them all at the same place with just one click? Instead of being overloaded with store catalogues, you can visit Kimbino.co.za and get access to flyers from stores across the country. And with our new phone app Kimbino, you can have these specials and discounts in the palm of your hand. Help us to protect our trees and forests, and switch to online Kimbino flyers. Thank you for thinking green!