There is a Makro special for every type of customer in the latest catalogue
At Makro you can expect to get more for less. With Makro catalogues, you can stay up to date with the latest Makro specials on office supplies, hardware, home entertainment, and much more!
The Makro catalogue is updated once a month and they often have additional catalogues for sales on hardware, toys, or office supplies.
The current Makro catalogue, Makro - Specials, is valid from 18/04/2021 - 26/04/2021 and can be found here. The Food Catalogues differ between provinces. Make sure when viewing the Makro specials for food, to click on the catalogue for your specific area. Ready to save? There is a Makro catalogue waiting for you!
About Makro Stores
The doors to the first Makro store were opened in 1971, in the small city of Germiston. This store also happened to be the first Cash & Carry store in South Africa. It grew steadily and by 1989, five more stores were opened. In 1993, they opened their most prominent store in Johannesburg, and today it’s one of their largest outlets. One of the biggest steps for the company, was when they merged with Walmart (the USA retail giant) in 2011. This allowed them to offer their customers a greater variety of products at even better prices. Currently, there are 22 Makro stores across South Africa, and with an online shopping feature, they make it even easier for customers to buy at their store. Because their ethos includes “low cost/low margins”, they are able to provide the customer with value for money.
These days, their stores are found all over South Africa in Cape Town, Pretoria, Sandton, Alberton, Bloemfontein and Boksburg. Not wanting to be left behind in the digital age, they launched the online shopping platform in 2014. Now customers will never have to miss a Makro special again because the latest sale is just a click away.
Makro also strives to become more eco-conscious. Improving their stores as they expand, they are designing their facilities in such a way to reduce water consumption and electricity usage. In fact, they were rewarded at Eskom’s 24th eta Awards for implementing better energy-saving systems in their stores. They also know that a green space is important to customers. With this in mind, they pledged to plant more trees in parking lots and display more indigenous plants.
Makro falls under the Groceries category along with other stores such as Boxer, Cambridge Foods, Checkers, Food Lover's Market, KIT KAT Cash & Carry, KWIKSPAR, OK Foods, Oxford Freshmarket, Pick n Pay and President Hyper. During weekdays (Monday to Friday), their stores are open from 9h00 to 18h00, and on weekends they are open from 8h30 to 16h00 (Saturday) and 9h00 to 13h00 (Sunday). For more information, visit their website www.makro.co.za.
What Makro Stores Offer
Makro has a wide selection of products on sale ranging, from computers to groceries! Makro believes that consumers should get more for less and they can expect to find all they need under one roof.
- There is a Makro catalogue for every customer. During January and February, you can expect to see ‘Back 2 Varsity’ and ‘Back 2 School’ sales, with stationery, desks, and electronics for sale. In the Back 2 Site catalogue, you can buy all the hardware and power tools you need for your latest DIY project. Because they believe the customer should get ‘more for less’ at Makro, you will find unbelievable deals for household items in the More4Less catalogue.
- If you are looking to upgrade your home and living areas with quality furniture and appliances, get your hands on Makro catalogue for General Merchandise.
- For sports junkies, there is a Makro catalogue specifically dedicated to those who like to get their adrenaline going. Supplements, gym equipment, bicycles, and more awaits you in the Sports Equipment catalogue.
- Aspiring chefs and home cooks will be pleased to know that Makro stocks some well-known brands of stoves and kitchen appliances. Find name brands such as Kenwood, Mellerware, and Philips on sale in the Cooking catalogue.
- If you like staying up to date with technology, take a look at the cellular deals in the latest Makro catalogue. Choose between contract or SIM-only deals from leading networks in South Africa.
- Occasionally, they have Makro R100 deals, where you can buy lower-priced grocery staples.
- Since 2017, they have a loyalty program to reward regular customers. With this program, you can earn cash back and decide whether you’d like to spend it or donate it to a charity. In line with their eco-consciousness, you don’t even need a plastic loyalty card. Just download the mCard app, and you’re ready to earn rewards!
- If you need containers and cutlery on-the-go, why not choose recycled paper goods from Makro’s M Green range. Made from renewable resources (such as cornstarch and bagasse), you can have peace of mind with a greener alternative.
- If you don’t feel like making the drive to one of their stores, why not shop online. Take advantage of the daily deals, where you can get up to 25% off on a variety of items on sale. And if you are not able to receive courier delivery at home, why not make use of their pickup lockers? This makes it possible for you to pick up your purchase at a time that is convenient for you. They store your parcel in a locker for 48h at selected locations, such as a business park or a petrol station.
Whether you make use of Makro’s R100 deals, the loyalty program, or their online daily deals, there is a Makro special waiting for you! With high-quality products and affordable prices, you can always expect to get more for less.
Find products on sale in the various Makro catalogues Makro - Specials.
About Kimbino Flyers
Stop cluttering your mailbox with paper flyers and give our planet a break. Overfilled mailboxes and wasted paper are now a thing of the past, thanks to Kimbino flyers! Here at Kimbino, we believe that living a greener lifestyle should be part of all aspects in life. So why not also when it comes to shopping? Why bother collecting flyers from all your favourite stores, when you can have them all at the same place with just one click? Instead of being overloaded with store catalogues, you can visit Kimbino.co.za and get access to flyers from stores across the country. And with our new phone app Kimbino, you can have these specials and discounts in the palm of your hand. Help us to protect our trees and forests, and switch to online Kimbino flyers. Thank you for thinking green!