Save on personal care and healthcare products with Dischem Specials
With the Dischem catalogue, you can expect to see promotions on makeup, fragrances, personal care products, and even products for your baby. The brochure is updated on a monthly basis, and occasionally there is a Dischem sale for special occasions, such as Christmas or Easter.
The latest catalogue, Dis-Chem - Healthy Living Specials, is valid from 18/09/2020 - 18/10/2020 and can be found here. Want to spoil yourself with fragrances, makeup, and more? Then don’t miss out on Dischem Specials October 2020!
Dischem was founded in 1978, when recently graduated pharmacists, Ivan and Lynette Saltzman, had the idea of introducing a retail discount pharmacy to South African customers. The first store was opened in Mondeor, Johannesburg, and in 1984, they opened a second outlet in Randridge Mall. Soon after this, in 1989, they began to stock products other than the normal pharmaceuticals, which quickly led to a third store being opened. The company continued to expand throughout the 1990s, and by 1997, they had their own private label – a range of non-pharmaceutical products sold under the Dischem name. The first store outside Gauteng, was opened in Cape Town in 2004, and after this, numerous stores were established across South Africa. Today, they have more than 100 stores all over the country in cities such as Alberton, Amanzimtoti, Atteridgeville, Ballito, Benoni, Bloemfontein.
By 2006, Dischem was a successful and established organization, and decided to give back to the community. They introduced the Dischem Foundation, a division that supports numerous charities across South Africa. Through this foundation, they are providing support to those who need it most: babies and young children, the elderly, abused, and homeless individuals. They also feed 10 000 people a month through their Dischem Food Garden, and deliver fresh produce to various organizations in Gauteng, on a weekly basis. The garden also provides young individuals with employment.
Their online shopping platform was launched in 2013, which made it convenient for customers to shop for healthcare products and medicine. Dischem stores soon became a favourite among South African customers, and in 2014, they were voted ‘Best Pharmacy Brand’ by Readers Digest South Africa. They continue to grow, and by 2018, Dischem celebrated 40 years of existence.
Dischem falls under the Health & Beauty category along with other stores such as Avon, Clicks, Justine, The Local Choice Pharmacy. Their trading hours depend on the shopping centre in which they are located, but most stores are open from 9h00 to 17h00 (Monday to Friday), 9h00 to 16h00 (Saturdays), and 9h00 to 13h00 (Sunday).
For more information, or to view the Dischem catalogue, visit their website dischem.co.za.
What Dischem Offers
Dischem stocks a wide range of healthcare and personal care products. In addition to that, all stores have a pharmacy with a dispensary for prescription and non-prescription medicine.
- To offer customers additional convenience, each store has a Wellness Clinic, which provides a variety of services such as blood pressure monitoring, glucose or cholesterol screening, vitamin injections, wound care, and more. To book an appointment, you can either phone your nearest Dischem, or book online.
- On Saturdays, they offer Well Baby Clinical services such as immunisation and growth assessments. They also offer advice on potty training, breastfeeding, and common issues such as teething.
- The SkinStrategy Salon offers a variety of services like facials, spray tans, waxing, and massages. They also have bridal packages available, which includes a whole range of beauty treatments at a discounted price.
- If you are on chronic medication, sign up for the Pack My Meds service. You get regular reminders to fill your prescription, and can easily have it pre-packed and collected instore.
- You can shop all Dischem specials online, and have your purchase delivered. Alternatively, you can use their click-and-collect service, by shopping online and collecting your purchase instore. Another great online function, is their Ask an Expert service, where you can ask a nursing sister, homeopath, or pharmacist, a health-related question.
- To get more out of Dischem promotions, make sure you sign up for the Loyalty Benefits Programme, which was launched in 2003. You can sign up online, instore, or via the app. Benefits include a free quarterly magazine, exclusive offers, cash discounts on selected products, and entry to competitions.
- Besides the Loyalty Benefits Programme, they have additional benefit groups tailored to your needs. If you have a baby or young child (up to three years old), make sure to sign up to the Baby Programme. Not only will you receive regular newsletters relating to your pregnancy, but you will also qualify for a free baby bag, filled with products for your new baby. You also get access to the Well Baby Clinic, where you can ask qualified sisters for advice regarding breastfeeding or vaccination.
- If you regularly purchase cosmetics, fragrances, or makeup, then join the Beautiful Woman Programme. You get a R100 voucher on your birthday that can be used at their Skin Strategy Beauty Salon, and you also qualify to get selected treatments free after a purchase of a certain amount.
- There is a special programme for senior citizens, called the 60 Plus Programme. Members get double points on all their purchases if they shop on a Wednesday. They also get a free blood pressure test each month.
- Besides the monthly Dischem catalogue, there are often additional promotions, such as the Beauty Fair (cosmetics, fragrances, and makeup) or Baby Savings (everything you need to look after your baby).
You can find all the Dischem specials in their latest catalogue Dis-Chem - Healthy Living Specials.
About Kimbino Flyers
Stop cluttering your mailbox with paper flyers and give our planet a break. Overfilled mailboxes and wasted paper are now a thing of the past, thanks to Kimbino flyers! Here at Kimbino, we believe that living a greener lifestyle should be part of all aspects in life. So why not also when it comes to shopping? Why bother collecting flyers from all your favourite stores, when you can have them all at the same place with just one click? Instead of being overloaded with store catalogues, you can visit Kimbino.co.za and get access to flyers from stores across the country. And with our new phone app Kimbino, you can have these specials and discounts in the palm of your hand. Help us to protect our trees and forests, and switch to online Kimbino flyers. Thank you for thinking green!